I’m an empath. I feel the emotions and energies of others deeply, and I can take on their emotions.
Perhaps you’re an empath too?
- Are you told that you’re too sensitive?
- Will your mood change drastically when you’re with others?
I consider my ability to tune into others a gift. In my work as an intuitive life coach, I can sense how someone is feeling which allows me to understand them deeper and best support their journey.
The downside of my gift is if I’m not careful, I can soak up others’ energy like a sponge and ‘become them’. If their grumpy, I’m grumpy. If they have anxiety, I have anxiety. Once I absorb someone’s emotion, it’s hard to release it and when I finally do, I’m usually pretty drained. That’s why I work hard to safeguard myself when I’m with others – be it in one-on-one situations or crowds. It’s also why I take steps to release energy that isn’t mine.
If you’ve noticed you’re sensitive to others’ emotions and energies, you may want to try a few of the things I do to protect myself:
- Before I get my day started, I fill myself up with as many high vibes as I can. I take a walk in nature. I say a prayer of gratitude. I set an intention for health, success and prosperity. I enjoy a cup of tea alone so that I’m in touch with my emotions.
- If I’m working with someone who is intense with emotion, I picture a translucent purple bubble around me as a way to protect my energy from theirs. Sometimes, I’ll visualize their energy bouncing off my shield.
- When needed, I call in archangels, my spirit guides and loved ones in spirit to help protect me from lower energies.
- I have a sage spray I mist a few times into the air (and even over myself) before and after I’m with someone to clear the energy. I also have crystals around me when I work as they help absorb lower energies and can give me an energetic boost. If I’m at home, and need a deep energetic detox, I’ll take an epsom salt bath which is another great way to remove others’ energy.
- If time and location allows and nothing else seems to be working to release emotions that aren’t mine I meditate, take a nap or go to sleep early so that I’m no longer feeding the energy.
You may connect with some of these, all or even none; but I have to say, at least give them a shot. Your energy is worth preserving.
Join me in spreading my messages of breaking judgement habits and strengthening intuition even further: forward this blog to a few family members and friends. The greater the shares, the greater the impact – They can subscribe here.
PS – Here’s an affirmation to help protect yourself from lower energies, ‘I am surrounded by a barrier of love, peace and serenity.’
PPS – Are you struggling with taking on the energies of others? If so, write a protection affirmation or prayer. Customize it to your needs and then post it somewhere you’ll see it often. Be sure to speak the words out loud to amplify its protection.