My intuitive coaching clients regularly ask me a version of, “I have this voice inside of me when I’m trying to make a decision, but how can I tell if it’s the TrueMe talking or my ego?”
It’s a great question, so great that I decided to share my response with you.
In short, your true voice aka your intuition (or your soul or whatever else you may call it) typically sounds like this:
· Future-focused, coming from a place of the highest good for all
· Clear and concise
· Supportive (but will give you tough love as needed)
· Wise (sometimes, it will even use words or phrases that you typically wouldn’t use, signaling it’s coming from a higher place)
· Makes you feel calm, confident and proud
Your ego will typically sound like this:
· Stuck in the past (oftentimes it will show up as an unhealthy thought-loop replaying a scenario over and over again)
· Repetitive and scattered
· Fear-based, focused on you and you only
· Filled with unkind or deflating comments, i.e. name calling or assuming the worst in people
· This voice makes you feel small, bitter, mad, anxious
The next time you have a big decision to make, take steps to help quiet your ego. To do this I suggest meditation and taking long walks in nature.
Could you benefit from an intuitive coaching or a psychic mediumship reading? If so, check out my services and reach out if it calls to you.
Join me in spreading my messages of breaking judgement habits and strengthening intuition even further: forward this newsletter to a few family members and friends. The greater the shares, the greater the impact – They can subscribe here.
PS – Here’s an affirmation to help you trust your higher self, “I am fully present. My intuition knows the way.”
PPS – Do you need more clarity on a decision you’re making? If so, grab your journal and a pen. Free write for as long as you need. Try not to overthink what comes to you, just continue to write! What’s the decision? What direction do you think you should take? What are the pros and cons? How are you feeling about it? Once you’re done writing, do an audit of your words using the ‘ego’ and ‘intuition’ definitions above. Are you thinking from a place of ego or intuition?